People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature to fit your needs.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling in Des Moines at 515-207-6569. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.