As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Des Moines? Especially if your air conditioning system is up-to-date or was cooling well last year.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling pro can help locate minor problems before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outside your home, it’s more inclined to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to take care of complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect within your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create elevated energy use—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify small troubles before they become big, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine parts and perform a series of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate troubles before they lead to big troubles that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free comfort throughout the season. After your equipment is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your system is vulnerable to early failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the following spots and components:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling pros a shout at 515-207-6569 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.