When it’s cold in Des Moines you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem faint? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could indicate a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and close off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The team at Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.