Deciding when to replace your air conditioner is never an easy decision. Repairing that old AC might give it another two years – or maybe just another two weeks.
With that in mind, here are some signs that it’s time to call Kohles & Bach and get a new air conditioner installed.
1. Your air conditioner is more than 10 years old. Air conditioners can last as much as 15 years or longer, but by the time they are 10 years old it’s time to start thinking about replacing instead of repairing. New air conditioners will be much more energy efficient than your old one, so you might save enough money to justify the replacement.
2. It breaks down a lot. If you’ve already sunk some money into repairing the air conditioner, that might be a good sign that it’s on its last legs. Many times the cost of a repair will cover a good part of the cost of a new system.
3. It’s not getting the job done. If your home just doesn’t seem to get cool enough in the summer, you might have an aging or inadequate system. A new system that is meant to fit the size of your home will make all the difference in keeping your home comfortable.
4. Utility bill is going up. That’s a good sign that your old air conditioner has lost some of its efficiency.
5. Inconsistent humidity. Sometimes it’s not just the heat but the humidity. A new air conditioning system can keep your humidity regulated and keep your house much more comfortable year-round.
Do any of these sound like problems that you are having? Now is the perfect time to find out how a new air conditioner from Kohles & Bach can keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long. Give us a call today at 515-207-6569.