Make your life easier—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures turn up. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its peak efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling pro each year. This is important to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your air conditioner, which can hamper airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter months, make sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in serious repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.