As warmer weather rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Des Moines? Especially if your cooling equipment is recently installed or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling technician can help spot small issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into large troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and parts:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling pros a shout at 515-207-6569 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your next service.