As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Des Moines? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was running good last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your unit checked annually by a Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling specialist can help spot little issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher energy bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps find little troubles before they become big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine components and complete a set of AC performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into extensive problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling
Now is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling pros a call at 515-207-6569 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your upcoming service.