If you want to stay cozy during the cold months in Des Moines, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep working at its best. If you’ve already planned your once a year tune-up with Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling, you’re right on schedule. Don’t worry if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its maximum performance. Try these maintenance tricks to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s a simple way to help the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the space around your outdoor unit if odds and ends have collected or plants have taken control of the zone.
- To be sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat frequently. Turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat advice or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to schedule a service with one of our technicians, call Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling at [[phonenumber]] or arrange an appointment online.