During the colder Des Moines months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling at 515-207-6569 or schedule an appointment with us online.