Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Des Moines summer, have the professionals at Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illegally freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling today at 515-207-6569.