Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Des Moines is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling in Des Moines at 515-207-6569 today.