You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting accustomed to the current temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 515-207-6569.