There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Des Moines, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual air conditioner service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners strictly associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly cooling bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling pro comes by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few basic ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures drop in Des Moines. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is ideal for your system, give the team at Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling a call at 515-207-6569 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.